The Village Players of Hatboro are excited to announce auditions for Epic Proportions, a riotous comedic tale of grand scope and magnitude written by Larry Coen and David Crane.
Auditions will be held on:
- Sunday, May 7th at 7:30PM
- Monday, May 8th at 7:30PM
Auditions consist of cold readings from the script. First time actors are warmly welcome!
AUDITION APPLICATION OPTIONS:
You may bring a completed audition application by printing one out below, fill out the online audition form, or fill one out when you arrive at the theater (please arrive a little early).
SHOW DATES are August (2017) 4, 5, 6, 11, 12. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as Tech Week (Sunday, July 30th through Wednesday, August 2nd).
REHEARSALS will be subject to actor availability.
(Farce) Set in the 1930s, Epic Proportions is a tale of sumptuous theatricality and grandiose hijinks. Two brothers, Benny and Phil, take the chance of a lifetime to go to the Arizona desert to be extras in the huge Biblical epic, Exeunt Omnes. Peppy though frazzled Louise Goldman has the monumental task of wrangling the hapless extras. Between gladiator battles, jealous Egyptian queens, the Ten Plagues, and a cast of thousands portrayed by twelve other actors, the brothers soon find themselves in the peculiar position of running the entire production. Produced on Broadway starring Kristin Chenoweth, Alan Tudyk, and Jeremy Davidson, the play features farcical, Mel Brooks-esque humor a la History of the World Part 1 and unimaginable amounts of silliness.
Head to the Village Players of Hatboro and join in the fun!
Seeking actors of all ethnicities and ages over 18 with great comedic timing. Fight experience and improv helpful but not required.
- Louise Goldman is in charge of the extras in this epic movie. She divides them up, gives them jobs, and manages their expectations. She has always hoped, however, that she would be on the other side of the camera one day as an actor. Female, 25-40
- Benny Bennet came to the set to be discovered. He wanted the glory and glamour of the movies in his life and if the director will just notice him for even a second, he is sure he will get his big break. He falls in love with Louise. Male, 25-40
- Phil Bennet came to talk sense into his star-struck brother. But now that he is here on the set, he has a few ideas for the movie. In fact, he’s pretty sure he could direct this whole thing better than anyone. He falls in love with Louise. Male, 25-40
- Jack (+ensemble) is Mr. DeWitt’s second in command. If Mr. DeWitt can’t finish this movie than he’ll do it by himself! He will make the decisions for a change!
- Shel (+ensemble) is the put-upon technical specialist who can’t live up to Jack’s expectations. He finds hope for his career once Phil is put in charge, but eventually just wants to go home like everyone else.
- Ensemble Characters: D.W. DeWitt, Narrator, Conspirators #1-2, Octavium, Slavemaster, Extras, Roman General, Egyptian Dancing Girl, Egyptians #1-3, Queen’s Attendant, Guards #1-2, Executioner, Brady, Gladiators #1-3
Anyone cast in the ensemble will have limited lines and be playing multiple roles.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Gina Lutz at firstname.lastname@example.org.