Village Players Launches New Website
Welcome to the NEW look of The Village Players of Hatboro website. It was just about a year and 6 weeks ago that we launched the most current design, but we quickly grew out of it and it was obvious that, through research study, our visitors were not always finding what they were looking for. This new layout should hopefully help.
Here’s a breakdown of everything new or updated:
- We’ve put a more professional looking banner at the top, complete with stills from some of our recent productions. Each actor is portraying a different emotion to convey the idea that our productions and actors run the gamut each year; from dramas to farces.
- There are 3 large boxes across the top that we will be using to try and get people involved, put up little ads, and ask for donations (more about that later…).
- The top menu in the black stripe gives you the most popular and useful pages.
- The menus down the left side are better organized to help you find what you’re after. The content inside has also been updated in some areas for clarification purposes.
- The right side is wider and can be used for showcasing calendar events, our Facebook friends, graphics & photos, and whatever else we come up with down the line. Perhaps we will look into opening ad space on our website for local businesses, etc. (If you’re interested that, please contact the business manager)
- Finally, the middle section on the front page is now displaying short summaries of each post and you can click “Continue Reading…” at the bottom of each post to bring up the full story if you wish.
But the look of the site isn’t all that’s changed!
You may also notice the addition of the +1 box in the stories and the red g+ icon in the “Follow us” area in the top-right of the page. We’re on Google+ now! If you don’t know what that is, it’s Google’s version of what Facebook should be like. It’s got a lot of potential as a social network, so we have a page there to deliver news to in case you use it as well. If not, no big deal.
We can now accept donations through our website via PayPal, the #1 most trusted way to send money over the internet in the world! So whip out them credit cards and put a gift under the proverbial tree of our theater.
Did you know you can sync your iCal/Outlook/Google Calendar with our calendars? Probably not! But you can — and we’ve tried to make it easier for you to do it. Look at the bottom of the right side menu and click on the icon. It will bring you to the instruction page HERE.
With your patronage and donations, we can continue to help improve your experience on our website but more importantly at our theater.
If you have any problems with the new site, please let our webmaster know.
And finally, don’t forget about our auditions coming up this week for “Early One Evening at The Rainbow Bar & Grille” and stay tuned for an announcement coming soon regarding our next hunk-a hunk-a production!
3 thoughts on “Village Players Launches New Website”
If you have any problems or questions about the new site, you can also leave a comment here for me, the webmaster.
This background layout makes it very difficult to read what is written.
Hmm. All the text should be on a white background. What browser & version are you using? (Make sure it’s up to date)