Auditions will be held for Done to Death, a mystery/comedy by Fred Carmichael.
Director: Ashley Lora-Lee
- Sunday, August 4th at 7:30PM
- Monday, August 5th at 7:30PM
CALLBACKS BY INVITATION ONLY on Tuesday, August 6th at 7:00PM
Cold readings from the script will be provided.
Print and fill out the audition application ahead of time, and please bring ALL conflicts between the time of auditions and the opening of the show.
SHOW DATES are October (2019) 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday, September 29th through Wednesday, October 2nd) and two benefit shows on October 10th and 17th.
REHEARSALS will be decided based upon actor availability.
Done to Death is a murder mystery comedy written by Fred Carmichael. The plot focuses on five has-been mystery fiction writers who are brought to the mysterious Vulture’s Vault to collaborate on and write a new murder mystery TV series. When real murders start to happen, hilarity ensues.
The play is a huge parody of the murder mystery genre as the writers have their own styles that they use in hopes of figuring out the murders. Fast-paced and full of action!!
Ethnically diverse cast desired. Ages negotiable.
- Jessica Olive – female middle to late thirties – attractive and sophisticated, rich, wife and writing partner of Whitney Olive
- Whitney Olive – male, late thirties, early forties – witty, sophisticated, perfect gentleman, well-dressed, husband and writing partner of Jessica Olive
- Mildred Maxwell – female, late fifties or early sixties, determined and opinionated, author
- Brad Benedict – Male, twenties, thirties, shy, quiet sense of humor, author
- Rodney Duckton – male, oldest of the five authors, energetic, enthusiastic, and well-dressed
- Jason Summers – male, thirties, efficient-looking, enthusiastic, slightly nervous television producer
- Jane – female, eager, young, pretty maid
- Gregory – male, butler who resembles Dracula, speaks in a deep, Middle-European accent
- Stagehand (may be doubled) – male or female – unimpressed by others
- George (may be doubled) – male, thirty-ish, soft-spoken and sophisticated, portrays a villain, dresses in the thirties era
- Martha (may be doubled) – female, severe and hardened, dresses in the thirties era
- Girl (may be doubled)– ingénue from the twenties era
- Monster (can be doubled)
- Stephanie Mildaur (can be doubled)
- Secretary (can be doubled)
NOTE: If new to acting and willing to take on a small role, please indicate one of roles listed as “may be doubled” or “can be doubled”
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Ashley Lora-Lee at email@example.com.