Announcing the audition dates for The Village Players of Hatboro’s production of Time Stands Still, a drama by Donald Margulies.
Director: Kevin N. Christian
Location: Village Players of Hatboro, 401 Jefferson Ave., Hatboro, PA 19040
- Sunday, September 22nd at 7:00PM
- Tuesday, September 24th at 7:00PM
- CALLBACKS BY INVITATION ONLY on Thursday, September 26th at 7:00PM
Audition Application Options
Audition forms will be provided for you upon arrival at the theater or you may fill out the online audition form below ahead of time.
Cold readings from the script will be provided.
SHOW DATES are January (2020) 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday January 5th through Wednesday, January 8th)
REHEARSALS will be decided based upon actor availability.
Time Stands Still focuses on Sarah and James, a photojournalist and a foreign correspondent trying to find happiness in a world that seems to have gone crazy. Theirs is a partnership based on telling the toughest stories, and together, making a difference. But when their own story takes a sudden turn, the adventurous couple confronts the prospect of a more conventional life.
Ethnically diverse cast desired. Ages negotiable.
- Sarah Goodman – Female, late twenties to early forties – a photojournalist returning home from covering the war in Iraq after being injured. She is strong, independent and rough around the edges.
- James Dodd – Male, late twenties to early forties – A war reporter and long-time boyfriend of Sarah, who is guilty for leaving Sarah behind in Iraq. He is sarcastic, caring and short-tempered.
- Richard Ehrlick – Male, late forties-early sixties – The editor that Sarah and James both work for and is an ex-lover of Sarah’s. He is realistic, smart and caring; just a tad lonely as well.
- Mandy Bloom – Female, twenties – A drastic change from the rest of the cast, Mandy is young and vibrant. She is an event planner and is dating the much older Richard. She is bubbly, sweet, and loud.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Kevin N. Christian at email@example.com.