Auditions will be held for Suite Surrender, a screwball-style farce by Michael McKeever.
Presented by special arrangement with PLAYSCRIPTS, INC.
Director: Steven J. Niles
Asst. Director: Timothy Schumann
Location: The Village Players of Hatboro, 401 Jefferson Ave, Hatboro, PA 19040
- Sunday, September 12th at 3:00PM
- Monday, September 13th at 7:00PM
- CALLBACKS (IF NEEDED) BY INVITATION ONLY on Thursday, September 16th at 7:00PM
ALL ACTORS CAST MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION! As this will be a show that involves some intimacy and close contact, all actors cast must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to the start of rehearsals.
Cold readings from the script will be provided. Please bring ALL conflicts between the time of auditions and the opening of the show.
SHOW DATES are January (2022) 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday, January 9th through Wednesday, January 12th) and benefit shows on weeknights throughout the run (which will be announced later in the fall).
REHEARSALS will be determined upon actors’ availability.
- The ONLINE AUDITION FORM is available to FILL OUT HERE
- If preferred, you may PRINT, FILL OUT, and BRING TO AUDITIONS the hard copy audition form. It is downloadable HERE.
It’s 1942, and two of Hollywood’s biggest divas have descended upon the luxurious Palm Beach Royale Hotel—assistants, luggage, and legendary feud with one another in tow. Everything seems to be in order for their wartime performance… that is, until they are assigned to the same suite. Mistaken identities, overblown egos, and double entendres, round out this hilarious riot of a love note to the classic farces of the 30s and 40s.
Ethnically diverse cast desired!
- BERNARD S. DUNLAP – The general manager of the Palm Beach Royale Hotel & Spa. An austere and dignified gentleman who insists on everything running smoothly – and becomes a screaming hysteric when it doesn’t.
- CLAUDIA MCFADDEN – America’s beloved matron of song. An impressive singing star, every gesture she makes is larger than life. She moves into a room with the force of an elegantly dressed tornado. Singing required.
- ATHENA SINCLAIR – A great star of stage and screen. Stylish and elegant, she is every inch the diva that Claudia McFadden is. A one-time screen siren, she exudes the confidence of being Hollywood royalty. Singing required.
- MURPHY STEVENS – Athena’s personal secretary. Former fiancée to Francis, she dreamed of being a big star herself, before becoming a secretary for one instead. Kissing scenes with Francis.
- MR. PIPPET – Claudia’s personal secretary. He’s resigned to the fact that his main lot in life is to be yelled at. Often panics at any surprises.
- DORA DEL RIO – A gossip columnist. Rather snoopy with a flair for the dramatic, she will try anything to dig up a juicy story.
- MRS. EVERETT P. OSGOOD – A society matron and president of the Palm Beach Ladies for Unity. An old money eccentric with dotty innocence, she is stylish and accustomed to getting anything she wants.
- FRANCIS – A bellhop. Former fiancé of Murphy, he quit show business to join the army but is now hiding out as a bellhop after the army wouldn’t take him. He and Otis are a comedic pair ala Laurel and Hardy. Kissing scenes with Murphy.
- OTIS – A bellhop. A diligent and happy man who tends to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He and Francis are a comedic pair ala Laurel and Hardy.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Steve Niles at firstname.lastname@example.org.