Auditions for “No Exit”
Auditions will be held for No Exit, a drama by Jean Paul Sartre on October 31st and November 1st at The Village Players of Hatboro.
Director: Kevin N. Christian
- Sunday, October 31st at 2:00 PM
- Monday, November 1st at 7:00PM
- CALLBACKS (IF NEEDED) BY INVITATION ONLY on Thursday, November 4th at 7:00PM
Cold readings from the script will be provided.
ALL ACTORS CAST MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION!
Print and fill out the audition application ahead of time or fill out the online Audition Application »
PLEASE BRING ALL CONFLICTS BETWEEN THE TIME OF AUDITIONS AND THE OPENING OF THE SHOW.
SHOW DATES are March (2022) 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday March 6th through Wednesday, March 9th)
REHEARSALS will be decided based upon actor availability.
No Exit is a dark drama that deals with what happens after death. Sarte’s famous existentialist play follows three people to a room in hell, where their torture is revealed to be each other’s company. Three damned souls, Cradeau, Inez, and Estelle, are brought to a lavish room to await their punishment. While they expected some sort of torture chamber to punish them in the afterlife, they instead begin to realize where the true torment really lies. Their constant arguing finally has Cradeau state the famous line: “Hell is other people”.
Ethnically diverse cast desired! Ages negotiable.
- VINCENT CRADEAU: Male. He is a journalist and the first to arrive in the room. A married man who is struggling with his current predicament. He believes he is in this room because he stood up for his beliefs. As time passes, he wants more and more to collect his thoughts and be assured that he is no coward.
- INEZ SERRANO: Female. An intense and manipulative woman who adores playing games with people. Trapping them in her web and toying with them. She is a lesbian, who stole her cousin’s wife while she was staying with them. She knows exactly why she is in the room, and she’s determined to push the other two to their own truth.
- ESTELLE DELAUNAY: Female. A young wife. Rich, spoiled and pretty, she knows men like her. She needs to have men like her. She was an orphan who had no money and married an old friend of her father who did have money. Found real love in a man her age, but money won out. Desperate in the room to check on her appearance and needs to find the adoration of a man, even while in this room.
- VALET: A person who works in the building. They leads all three into the room and answers their questions. There is a bell to ring for them, but they don’t always answer.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Kevin N. Christian at email@example.com.
One thought on “Auditions for “No Exit””
So sorry I missed this