Auditions for “Rumors”
Auditions will be held for Rumors, a farce by Neil Simon, on February 6th and 7th at The Village Players of Hatboro.
Director: Daniel Cochran
- Sunday, February 6 at 2:00 PM
- Monday, February 7 at 7:00PM
Cold readings from the script will be provided.
ALL ACTORS CAST MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION!
Be sure to bring a completed Audition Form PDF to the auditions, or take a moment now to fill out our Online Audition Application »
PLEASE BRING ALL CONFLICTS BETWEEN THE TIME OF AUDITIONS AND THE OPENING OF THE SHOW.
SHOW DATES are June (2022) 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday May 29 through Wednesday, June 1)
REHEARSALS will be decided based upon actor availability.
At a large, tastefully-appointed Sneden’s Landing townhouse, the Deputy Mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of Farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding in the other room and his wife is nowhere in sight. His lawyer, Ken, and wife, Chris, must get “the story” straight before the other guests arrive. As the confusions and mis-communications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity.
Ethnically diverse cast desired! Ages negotiable.
- CHRIS GORMAN: f, 32-38 — Ken’s elegant and attractive wife. A bit high strung.
- KEN GORMAN: m, 32-40 – A well-spoken, handsome attorney. A bit high strung.
- CLAIRE GANZ: f, 30-40 – Lenny’s gossip-monger, attractive wife. A Westchester, New York housewife type.
- LENNY GANZ: m, 32-42 – An accountant who has just wrecked his brand new BMW. Irascible, sarcastic, and very likeable.
- ERNIE CUSACK: m, 40-55 – A smug psychiatrist.
- COOKIE CUSACK: f, 40-50 – Ernie’s wife and a cooking show host with a bad back. She has a very dramatic, physical personality.
- GLENN COOPER: m, 32-50 – An ambitious, polished man preparing for a run for the state senate. A Kennedy-type.
- CASSIE COOPER: f, 25-35 – A jealous type who believes in the healing power of crystals. Glenn’s trophy wife. Insecure, sexy, shrewish.
- OFFICER WELCH: m or f, 35-50 – A vigorous, straight-talking, veteran police officer.
- OFFICER PUDNEY: f OR m, 23-31 – A rookie cop.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Daniel Cochran at email@example.com.
2 thoughts on “Auditions for “Rumors””
I would love to help in any way I can!!!!!
Great! Hopefully you can make it to the auditions and talk to the director. If not, just write to Dan via the email address listed in the announcement and let him know that way.