Open auditions will be held for the Village Players’ production of “She Kills Monsters” by Qui Nguyen on the following dates:
- Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 3PM
- Monday, May 23, 2022 at 7PM
- Callbacks will be on Tuesday, May 24th at 7:00 pm on as needed basis by invitation only
Roles are open to all genders, races, and ethnic diversities. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script and are open to all experience levels. The show will be directed by Ezri Lutz and Ashley Lora-Lee.
Rehearsals would likely be on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays.
ALL ACTORS CAST MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION!
PLEASE BRING ALL CONFLICTS BETWEEN THE TIME OF AUDITIONS AND THE OPENING OF THE SHOW.
SHOW DATES are October 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday October 9th through Wednesday October 12th).
(Dramatic Comedy) She Kills Monsters tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio following the death of her teenage sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds Tilly’s Dungeons & Dragons notebook, however, she stumbles into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in the imaginary world that was Tilly’s refuge. In this high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90s pop culture, acclaimed young playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek and warrior within us all.
- Tilly Evans: (F, 15 years old) Nerdy, sarcastic, bullied teen, appears to Agnes after her death; stage combat, stage kiss with Lilith involved
- Agnes Evans: (F, mid 20s) Tilly’s older sister, high school teacher dealing with Tilly’s death, described as average, clueless to nerd culture; stage combat and comedic dancing involved
- Chuck: (M, late teens to mid 20s) Runs a comic book store, grunge rocker roadie, assists Agnes in learning Dungeons and Dragons
- Miles: (M, mid 20s – early 30s) Agnes’s boyfriend, as average as Agnes
- Vera: (F, mid 20s – mid 40s) Guidance Counselor, Agnes’s friend at the high school, sarcastic and saucy
- Lilith: (F, mid to late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character in Tilly’s adventure, Demon Queen, kicks butt and takes names; stage combat and stage kiss involved
- Kaliope: (F, mid to late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character, Dark Elf, sexy spell caster; stage combat and comedic dancing involved
- Orcus: (M, late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character, Overlord of the Underworld, lazy demon that has given up defending his treasure in favor of watching TV and snacking on Easy Cheese; stage combat and comedic dancing involved
- Mage Steve: (M, late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character, super nerdy spell caster, several death scenes involved as a running gag in the play
- Farrah: (F, 20s – 30s) Fairy that lives in a forest, kind of a jerk; stage combat involved
- Evil Gabbi: (F, mid to late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character, teenage bully, appears as a cheerleader with fangs; stage combat and some comedic dancing involved
- Evil Tina: (F, mid to late teens) Dungeons & Dragons character, teenage bully, appears as a cheerleader with fangs; stage combat and comedic dancing involved.
MONSTERS NEEDED! We will need 6 additional actors to play various monsters, zombies, ogres, etc. Anyone may request to be considered for a part as a monster; if you are new to acting and would like to get a feel for being onstage without the pressure of memorizing lines, this may be an ideal opportunity. Some stage combat is involved for all monsters; comedic dancing may be involved for some monsters.
All actors who are cast must be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday, October 9th, 2022 through Wednesday, October 12th, 2022). Showtimes are 8pm Fridays and Saturdays, and 2pm on Sundays. Cast call would be 1 hour prior to showtime. Show dates are listed below.
- Friday, October 14, 2022
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Friday, October 21, 2022
- Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Friday, October 28, 2022
- Saturday, October 29, 2022
Rehearsals are planned for June through September, usually on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays at 7:00 pm.
Please bring a list of conflicts to the audition to allow for scheduling considerations.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Ezri Lutz at email@example.com.