Open auditions will be held for the Village Players’ production of Witness for the Prosecution by Agatha Christie on the following dates:
- Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 7PM
- Monday, December 5, 2022 at 7PM
- Callbacks will be on Thursday, December 8th on as needed basis by invitation only
Roles are open to all genders, races, and ethnic diversities. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script and are open to all experience levels. The show will be directed by Kevin N. Christian.
ALL ACTORS CAST MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION!
PLEASE BRING ALL CONFLICTS BETWEEN THE TIME OF AUDITIONS AND THE OPENING OF THE SHOW.
SHOW DATES are March (2023) 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25. All actors who are cast MUST be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday March 5th through Thursday March 9th).
(Drama/Thriller) Leonard Vole stands accused of murdering a rich widow. The stakes are high with shocking witness testimony, impassioned outbursts from the dock and a young man’s fight to escape the hangman’s noose. Generally regarded as one of Christie’s most accomplished plays, this suspenseful thriller keeps audiences guessing until the very end.
- SIR WILFRED ROBARTS, Q.C.: (40-60) The Senior Counsel of the accused.
- MR. MAYHEW: (30-50) The Solicitor of the accused.
- LEONARD VOLE: (30’s) The accused.
- INSPECTOR HEARNE: (40-50) The arresting officer.
- ROMAINE: (30’s) Wife of the accused.
- MR. JUSTICE WAINWRIGHT: (50-60) The Judge.
- MR. MYERS, Q.C.: (40-60) The Crown Prosecutor.
- DR. WYATT: (30-60) The police surgeon.
- JANET MACKENZIE: (40-60) The victim’s maid.
- MR. CLEGG: (30-40) The laboratory assistant.
- GRETA: (20’s) The Typist to Sir Wilfred.
- CARTER: (30-40) The Chief Clerk to Sir Wilfred.
- THE OTHER WOMAN: (20’s)
**** The following roles are non-speaking ****
- CLERK OF THE COURT
- COURT USHER
- WOMAN JUROR
- A POLICEMAN
- PLAIN-CLOTHES DETECTIVE
- COURT STENOGRAPHER
- THE JUDGE’S CLERK
- 1ST BARRISTER
- 2ND BARRISTER
- 3RD BARRISTER
- 4TH BARRISTER
- 5TH BARRISTER
- 6TH BARRISTER
- MALE JUROR
All actors who are cast must be available for all show dates, as well as tech week (Sunday, March 5th, 2023 through Thursday, March 9th, 2023). Showtimes are 8pm Fridays and Saturdays, and 2pm on Sundays. Cast call would be 1 hour prior to showtime. Show dates are listed below.
- Friday, March 10, 2023
- Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Friday, March 17, 2023
- Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Friday, March 24, 2023
- Saturday, March 25, 2023
Rehearsals are planned for January through March and will be subject to cast/crew availability.
Please bring a list of conflicts to the audition to allow for scheduling considerations.
CREW MEMBERS & NEWBIES
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first-timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact director Kevin N. Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org.