In The Wings: Witness for the Prosecution
Announcing the Village Players of Hatboro’s March 2023 show, the third of its 75th season, the drama, Witness for the Prosecution by Agatha Christie!
Below are the show dates and times:
- Friday, March 10, 2023, at 8PM
- Saturday, March 11, 2023, at 8PM
- Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 2PM
- Friday, March 17, 2023, at 8PM
- Saturday, March 18, 2023, at 8PM
- Sunday, March 19, 2023, at 2PM
- Friday, March 24, 2023, at 8PM
- Saturday, March 25, 2023, at 8PM
(Drama) It is 1950s London. A murder, brutal and bloodthirsty, has stained the plush carpets of a handsome London townhouse. The victim is the wealthy Emily French. All the evidence points to Leonard Vole, a young chancer to whom she left her vast fortune and who ruthlessly took her life. At least, this is the story that Emily’s dedicated housekeeper Janet Mackenzie stands by in court. Leonard, however, is adamant that his wife, Romaine, can prove his innocence.
“With stage and screen adaptations of Christie’s work aplenty, Witness for the Prosecution was supposedly one of her personal favourites, and you can understand why; the thrilling twists and turns unfolding in a courtroom setting is perfect for a live audience.”
– Theater Weekly
“The play’s appeal lies not just in its mystery but in its courtroom formality and its reminder that the law itself is a theatrical ritual: apart from the dressing-up, the rival counsels are engaged in an ostentatious personal battle in which they shamelessly appeal to the jury and seek to ingratiate themselves with the judge.”
– The Guardian
Witness for the Prosecution will be directed by Kevin N. Christian, assisted by Nick Pinault, with Laura Berntsen producing.
- Scott Grande as SIR WILFRED ROBARTS, Q.C.
- Tim Schumann as MR. MAYHEW
- Chris Mazza as LEONARD VOLE
- Ed Young as INSPECTOR HEARNE
- Desiree Lara as ROMAINE
- Joseph Perignat as MR. JUSTICE WAINWRIGHT
- Steven J. Niles as MR. MYERS, Q.C.
- Jeff Froehlich as DR. WYATT
- Leslie Bradley as JANET MACKENZIE
- Nick Pinault as CLEGG
- Autumn Bradley as GRETA
- James Whittal as CARTER
- Daniel Cochran as CLERK OF THE COURT / WARDER
- Denise Rambo as FOREMAN
Tickets for The Village Players of Hatboro are now handled by Complete Ticket Solutions!
Tickets for Witness for the Prosecution are available to purchase online, right now! Tickets are $20 online or at the door. The Village Players of Hatboro offers group discount seating for groups of 10 or more.